Wednesday, June 4, 2014

6/4 Stampin' Up Creative Crew, Bloom with Hope & And Many More, No-Line Piercing Technique and Tutorial

Good Morning Friends,

What a whirlwind week it has been and will be!  Last weekend we had dance recitals all weekend for Alexis.  I'll post some photos at the end if you want to peek.

The new stampin up catalog went live. Be sure to email me if you need one, I have batch going out (hopefully today).  Today is the big day that I'm going to be a training call for quite a few peers on how to grow stamp clubs, and later this week I have my 12 card quarterly team training event and catalog rollout!  Whew!

This morning I'm so grateful for so many things.  I took a few hours and just enjoyed the craft. I have been SLACKING in my duties for the Stampin Up, Creative Crew on Split Coast Stampers.  Although I've been very busy, I got my 4 projects done, and I'll be sharing them over the next day or two.  This card actually covers two of the inspirational challenges:


CCREW0614HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Holiday Focus: Celebrate your favorite holiday with a new technique!

CCREW0614SF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Scrapbook and More Focus: Celebrate your best friend on a scrapbook page or by making a gift for them.


My favorite holiday (so to speak) is BIRTHDAY'S.  It's typically a special day that you only share with a few people.  There's a reason to eat cake, and you typically spend it with the people you love and who love you.

This card is for one of my very best friends who happens to have a birthday coming up on the 4th of July.  She usually gets red white and blue cards, but I know that my irish friend has green and gold in her heart.  and I wanted to make her something that WASNT those colors on purpose.  :)

I decided also to try and new technique called No-Line Piercing with the Bloom with Hope stamp set.  Here's how you do it.

First, stamp an image on to a heavy weight cardstock.  I used watercolor paper.
Next, poke holes along the outline of the artists image.
 When you are done, flip the piece over, it will look something like this. 
 Next, I added some watercolor and used some of the new in colors Mossy meadow, Hello Honey, and Lost Lagoon.
 Further along in the process, i wanted my daisies to stand out so I colored the background.
 Next i held my smooch spritz about 8" away and spritzed the cardstock.  A LOT!
 Maybe too much, it was oozy and took a while to dry, but I like sparkle. 
 I finished the card by adding a few of my favorite things.  Gold vellum paper and oh my gosh, that satin Mossy Meadow Ribbon is so Shiny and delish to work with!! 
To see more of my friends work from creative crew this month, you can visit the gallery here.  The talent there is outstanding!!  Just sayin'!

I'll be back soon!  I have two more projects to share for the crew!

As promised.. here's my favorite recital photo.. Isn't she gorgeous??



Love,


Selene Kempton
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach
Thank you for your orders with me  Shop here anytime!

0 comments: