Friday, April 4, 2014

4/4 Stampin Up! Birthday, You're my hero, Typset Alphabet Bigz

Good Morning Stampers!

I was so bummed out I had to miss my nephew's third birthday party, which was held last night while I was working. 

I made these cards yesterday to go with the gifts from my hubby and I, and my daughter (who needed her own card).

Can you guess which one she wanted to be from her??  


I was so inspired by the happy birthday tissue paper I picked up at the dollar store. I thought it looked like Stampin' Up! colors.   Whoa, it's a pretty exact match! 

So much fun, and these went together in a snap!  The colors are Real Red, Daffodil, Gumball Green and Pacific Point!  I cut them down to 1 x 3 5/8" and attached them to a piece of cardstock that is 5 1/8" x 3 3/4".  Then I ran them through the big shot with the ever so sweet Alphabet Press Embossing folder.  It took literally two minutes to finish it from there.  I located my Typeset Alphabet dies, and ripped off a piece of real red scrap to cut out the number 3, and matted it with whisper white cardstock.  I love how the ribbon goes through the white on white layers. (it's the little things).  

At 1 1/4" tall, the letters from the Typeset Alphabet can be used easily for both scrapbooking and card making!  So versatile!  After I was done making my blinged out 3 (i just used some self adhesive rhinestones).  Then I decided to make a second card with his favorite, a fire engine!
Happy Birthday John!!  A super blinged out ride for his birthday!  This truck comes complete, with basic black buttons (medium) and rhinestone rims.  (well, maybe those are for me).

The You're My Hero Stamp Set, comes complete with a fire engine, an ambulance and police car!  There's Happy Birthday, You're My Hero, and ( my favorite) Weeooooo-weeeeeooooo.  Yeah buddy, isn't it sweet?

This is a super cute layout that could be recreated for any occasion, just change the paper to a designer paper, or simply change the colors!  The possibilities are endless.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!


Love,


Selene Kempton
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach
Thank you for your orders with me  Shop here anytime!

3 comments:

Claire Ventre said...

What a great birthday card for children (of all ages)! Love them both:)

AB. said...

Absolutely genius cards!!! So fun and bright. Really fantastic!! :)

A. N. Fletcher said...

OMG! These card are simply adorable! Very simple, yet very creative. Absolutely awesome!