Thursday, October 3, 2013

10/3 Joy to the World, Season Of Style Washi, Circle Framelits,

Good Afternoon Friends! 

When I posted this beautiful Christmas card, I got lots of questions about what I did with the circle that I cut out.  If you want to read about this card, you can click here

Well, here's what I did with the leftover circle!  This was for a class back in August.  Isn't it clever?  I started with the cute washi negative from this first card to create a Season's Greetings  Ornament for the second card with the Joy to the World Stamp Set!  So cool! 

I tried doing this with a circle punch but it would cut the washi tape, so I used my circle framelits for the big shot instead.  
Next I grabbed an Old Olive Simply Styled Embellishment.  Oh what a world it would be, if all bows were pre-tied for me, the way that these cute embellishments are.  So, these come looking like a paperclip and that just would do for what I wanted.  I had my hubby grab is wire cutters from the garage and cut off the inside of the paperclip, so it would look more like a Christmas hook.

Why mention my hubby?  Well, I tried to do it and these paperclips are so well made, I had trouble punching through them myself.  So, I pulled out the muscle.  (and scored girl points all at the same time). {smiles}. Here's a photo of what they look like:
 So we he just cut the inside loop off to make a cute ornament holder!  Whoop! 

I'm going to jump back in and do some measurements for you next. 

Base Layer: Very Vanilla 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: Cherry Cobbler 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Layer 3: Old Olive 5 x 3 3/4", embossed with the Tulips embossing folder
Layer 4: The circle cut from the Season of Style Washi Tape
Layer 5:1 1/4" scalloped circle punch, sponged w/ Old Olive Ink
Layer 6: Champagne colored glimmer paper, punched with a mini star punch (from the merry mini's punch pack) and popped up on a dimensional. 

That's all for today!  Thanks for stopping by today to see my stamping projects!  I hope you got a little inspiration.

Love,


Selene Kempton

0 comments: