Friday, September 6, 2013

9/6 Joy To the World and Festive Flurry Framelits, Sparkly Snowflake card with Silver Glimmer Paper.

Good Afternoon Friends!  

It's thank you card day!  I actually try and send a card every single time someone orders from me and with the stamp camps and classes I've held this week. I was in need of some thank you's.  
This card actually goes together in just a few minutes! and has a pretty sort list of supplies.  

How about if I start with some measurements.  This one is very basic.
Base Layer: Whisper white 8 1/2 x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4
Layer 2: Whisper white 5 1/4 x 4
Layer 3: Silver Glimmer paper cut to 4 x 4, then I used the smallest and largest snowflakes from the the Festive Flurry Framelits to cut my "holey" snowflake.   when it came time to cut, I just put the two framlits on the one die and cut both snowflakes at the same time.  I used the extra inside piece to make another card.. (maybe I'll show you that one tomorrow.  

Here's a close up of the Beautiful Center of the card.  It's so stunning in person, I'm not sure the photo does it justice here. 
I used my heat tool on setting one to dry the Silver Ink because it stays a little tacky, before debossing the layer 2 with the snowflake embossing folder.  I used glue dots to attach the Frosted Finishes Embellishments in the middle of the snowflake.  They are awesome in real life!!

Here's a supply list if you need it.
Stamps: Joy to the world stamp set,
Ink: Silver Ink Pad
Paper: Whisper white, Silver Glimmer paper
Accessories: the Festive Flurry Clear Mount Bundle, Silver Ribbon 1/8", Frosted Finishes Embellishments


That's my little bit of inspiration to share with you today!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  The weather here is starting to feel like fall, so maybe we will hit the orchard to grab some fresh apples!  I love this time of year! 

Love,

Selene Kempton

1 comments:

Kris McIntosh said...

What a gorgeous card Selene. Love the way you cut the snowflake, very effective. Thanks for sharing.