Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8/21 Stampin' Up! Chevron Trick or treat!, Tags 4 You with Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper

Good Morning Friends!

I made a batch of these last week to send to my August and September hostesses.  I have been booking holiday private classes and one of my friends just ended up getting $80 in free product and 2 half price items!  I am so excited for her to get her package!!
So for this card I started with The Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!  I took one piece of 12 x 12, and cut it at 4" twice, then cut the 4 x 12" strips down to 4 x 3."  That gave me 12 pieces from one sheet.  Next. I cut a 1 x 4 inch strip off the bottom and flipped it over.  I put the darker of the two patterns on the bottom to add some visual weight to the bottom side.

I go back to this layout over and over again because it lends itself to minimal waste when you're making your cards.  The layer underneath the two pieces of dsp is 4 1/4" x 3 1/4".  So, I took a piece of 8 1/2" x 11 and cut it down the middle the long way.  This gives me two pieces that are 4 1/4" x 11.  I cut 6 pieces of the pumpkin pie layer from one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11.  So to make 12 cards you'd need one piece of DSP and 2 pieces of pumpkin pie so far.  I added some dimensionals to the back of this layer to make it pop up from the layer underneath, and added a very small piece of Pumpkin Pie 3/4" Chevron Ribbon with a few glue dots. 

On top of this layer I added a strip of the new, FABULOUS, coordinating Witches' Brew Washi tape and just stuck it around the back and tore it off.  It rips off very easily for me, and I don't need scissors.  On top of that layer, I added a single line of sticky strip.  I pulled the red backing off and poured on some of the new GORGEOUS black glitter from the holiday mini.   
Next, I took 3 pieces of Basic black cardstock and cut them to 5 x 3 3/4", giving me enough for 12 cards.  I ran that through Big Shot with the Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

I scored 6 sheets, of 8 1/2" x 11" vanilla down the middle at 4 1/4" and cut them in half at 5 1/2" to make the card bases.  I also cut out a shape from the apothecary accents framelits to frame my focal point!  I embossed this layer with the Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder  also, and sponged it with basic gray ink.

Finally, I get to talk about the AWESOME focal point!!  Check out the black, sparkly glitter, against the pumpkin pie!  Doesn't it pop?  This effect I was able to get by using versamark ink, and heat and stick powder.  It's so easy!! Here are the steps!
  1. Just stamp your image using the versamark watermark.  
  2. Pour on the heat and stick powder.
  3. Heat on setting 1 with your heat gun, just until the powder turns clear.
  4. Sprinkle your black glitter on top.
  5. Heat again on setting 2 with your heat gun to get the powder to stick.
  6. Next, I used the Bracket Label Punch to Punch out the image!
Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy!

Well, I went a little crazy with the descriptions today.  Here's a quick shopping list if you need it.

Stamps: Tags For you Clear Mount stamp set $15.95
Punches: Bracket Label Punch $15.95
Or BUNDLE them to save 15%  Tags for you clear mount Bundle only $26.95

Ink: versamark ink
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie,  Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  heat and stick powder, black, sparkly glitter, Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder , Witches' Brew Washi tape,
Adhesives: Sticky strip, glue dots, dimensionals

Thanks so much for popping by today!  I hope you enjoyed today's little bit of inspiration.

Love, 
Selene Kempton

  

0 comments: