Thursday, March 21, 2013

3/21 Stampin' Up! Hello Mr. Bunny Love, punch art Gift card Holder.

Good Morning Friends!
I was so surprised when I sent out the email for this Friday's class, the sheer response I would get from Mr. Easter Bunny (I've been calling him bunny love).  I saw this bunny, or a close rendition of it on Pinterest and it was by fellow demonstrator Pam Staples.  I didn't save the picture... ugh! but if you have a link to hers, please leave it for me and I'll link back to it. She had it in baby blue and pinks and I believe hers was a box. 

It's so cool how we can all inspire one another.  I used this bunny last week in scrapbooking class, and everyone loved him.. So, I thought an with an Easter Themed class we'd make one.

I used 3 colors of paper: Whisper white, Pool Party and black. All white and pool party pieces were sponged with Island Indigo classic ink.
For this project you'll need a white gel pen for sure!  It really brings the bunny to life! 

Big Shot:  Top Note Die 113463, and heart collection framelits for the nose (smallest one) 125599

Here's a list of all the punches I used:
119859 Extra Large oval x6 (whisper white ~ 4 ears, 2 feet)
119855 Large Oval x2 (pool party ~ 2 ears)
119868 1" circle (pool party ~ 2 feet)
117193 small heart punch (pool party ~ 6 feet)
119860 1 1/4" circle punch (whisper white ~ 2 nose)
119873 3/4" circle (black ~ 2 eyes)

So, for the front of the bunny, I just sponged all the pieces and stuck them together with the tombo, multipurpose adhesive liquid glue.  I sliced 3 very thin strips of whisper white on my Stampin' Up! paper trimmer, and used a dimensional to hold them down on the front of my bunny face.  Then I stuck the two center circles together to form the nose.  I also added two dimensionals to either side of the circles and popped up the nose.    On either side of the nose I added some marks with a grey marker.

If you need supplies to make this bunny, I am running an online party right now!  It's a mystery hostess event and someone is going to win some fun hostess benefits!  For more details on that click here!
Don't miss out on Sale-A-Bration!  Every single year I get someone who forgot to place an order to get their free goods!  After tomorrow, I won't be able to help them either!  For more samples with Sale-A-Bration sets, just click here!

Oh! I almost forgot!  To make the "gift card holder" piece that the bunny sticks to. I cut a piece of 12 x 12 down to 12 x 4".  I scored the paper at 2" and 6" and folded the paper up into itself and cut the holder and the base of the card all in one swoop!  (I might need a video to show that, but if you just try it... you'll see it's not that hard).  You could so do it! 

Thanks so much for the kind comments and for coming to visit!  See you tomorrow with some more fun from the class coming up tomorrow night.  Oh and don't forget to join the online party!  For more details on that click here!

If you're local and want to take this class, please hurry on signing up (click here)! At the class everything will be pre-punched for you. Signup deadline is today! 

From the heart,
Selene Kempton
Stampin' Up! Creative Coach
My Stampin' Up! Store 

4 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

Such an adorable bunny - thanks so much for sharing how you put him together!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie patootie! I love punch art! Besides Easter it would be a cute baby card! The shading is amazing on it. Just soo cute! Thanks for sharing.

Chris R. from Iowa

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love this one! Soooooo adorable! Off to the 'to CASE' file! Thanks for sharing, Selene. Xxx

Rachelle Drouin said...

So cute! 😍

I don't have the specified ovals, but I have a set of nesting oval dies from another manufacturer. What are the length and width, respectively, of the two oval shapes you used?

Also, I'm hoping this bunny will fit onto a 4¼" × 5½" card base, as I have the most fantastic pastel polka dot paper. Would you happen to know if it does?

Thank you!