Saturday, March 2, 2013

3/2 Stampin' Up! Lacy & Lovely, with Fan Fair Designer Paper Thank you

Good Morning Friends! 

Remember the pretty image on the designer paper from yesterday? Well, this Designer paper is the flip side!  Pair it up with a few simple images from the GORGEOUS Lacy & Lovely Stamp set and you've got some vintage beauty!  :) 

This close up photo shows the focal point with one of the Large Pearls from Stampin Up!  I used a marker to ink up the Indigo medallion and then punched it out with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  Underneath is an Island Indigo 2 3/8" scalloped circle. 

The idea for this card came from the work I did for this month's Stampin' Up! creative crew challenge over on Split Coast Stampers.

Here's the original challenge:
DSP/Color Focus: Let's soar with the wonderful Fan Fair dsp and island indigo, which will be gone soon. Create a project with island indigo and fan fair dsp or some of the colors in that dsp. You must use island indigo, though.

I thought I would stay true to the challenge and my Island Indigo card monochromatic.  So I'm just using that color with Vanilla!  What do you think?
 For the background, I stamped the Thank you, also from the same stamp set on my Very Vanilla Cardstock.  Then, I embossed the Vanilla Layer with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  I took a sponge and gently sponged some Indigo Ink on that layer to make the embossing pop!  I added the layer of Fan Fair Designer Series Paper (DSP) to the top of that then ran my vintage ribbon and added a bow using a few glue dots. 

I just love the vintage style, and even more than that I love that I have a thank you to send out to a friend!  I am a little behind on my thank you's.  I have about 15 going out after my open house last week, so I really need to get to work!  :) 

If you are interested in what the other designers are doing with this challenge, you can check out the gallery here. Thanks so much for stopping by today and letting me share my artwork with you!  Have a great weekend!

Love,

Selene
My Stampin' Up! Store

2 comments:

Kris McIntosh said...

Beautiful card Selene. I love the colours and how truly vintage it feels.

Lori Ruello said...

Very pretty. Like the lacey paper in the Fan Fair pack.