Saturday, November 3, 2012

11/3 Stampin Up Bold Snowflake and More Merry Messages , Snow Flurry and Northern Flurry Embossing Folder ~ 25 Days of Christmas Day 11

Good Evening Friends!

What a quick and beautiful card, this new Bold Snowflake Stamp makes!  It is in the Assortment 2 of the single stamps that are available now through January 2.  Here are the fliers for the single stamps so you can check them out.
So the Bold Snowflake 132338, coordinates perfectly with the blossom punch 125603.  So for this card I started with the second layer (which is bashful blue card stock cut to 5 x 3 3/4").  First, I took that sheet and embossed it with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder 120902. Next, I took a 6" piece of 1/8" taffeta ribbon in the Marina Mist color 119257, and used snail adhesive to stick it to the back of that layer.  I stamped the Bold Snowflake on Bashful Blue Scrap Card Stock, and punched it out with the blossom punch.   Using the Snow Flurry Sizzix Die 127813, I cut out the smallest snowflake element from the die and stuck it on top of my punched image.  Then, I used my table top paper cutter to cut a "thread thin" piece of cardstock, and used it to thread my button.  I used a glue dot to hold it in place and stuck all the element of my Bold Snowflake together, and then stuck that to the card.  I stamped the "Merry Christmas" from the More Merry Messages Stamp Set in Marina Mist Ink.  Then, I stuck the completed card to the base. 

Here comes the fun part!  I grabbed a brand new Stampin' Spritzer bottle and made my own glimmer paint! I filled the bottle a little more than half full, then added 5 drops of reinker (in bashful blue) and 5 drops of reinker.  I shook the mixture then sprayed it on.  Here's what the glimmer looks like.  It's pretty subtle, but it looks AWESOME in real life.


I love all that sparkle!!

So here is today's shopping list.
Stamps: More Merry Messages Wood 126400 / Clear 126402 and Bold Snowflake 132338
Ink: Marina Mist ink pad 126962, Bashful Blue reinker 105221
Paper: Marina Mist 119682 and Bashful Blue Card Stock 105120,
Accessories: 124005 Silver Glimmer Paper, blossom punch 125603, Northern Flurry Embossing Folder 120902, Snow Flurry Sizzix Die 127813, 1/8" taffeta ribbon in the Marina Mist color 119257
Adhesives: Tombo Multipurpose Adhesive104430 Dimensionals, 103683 Mini Glue Dots

Thanks for stopping by today!
Rubbah hugs,


Selene Kempton, Creative Coach
Sr. Manager

Project Blog / My Stampin' Up! Store / 25 Days of Christmas Projects!
Money Raised for Breast Cancer last month with my stamping buddies $3855 ~ Making Strides

0 comments: