Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Wishes

For my family and I every holiday is a reason to sit and make cards for the ones we love.  This is a study of the every bunny stamp set, and the new smooches line of cardstock.

When looking at these GORGEOUS fabric buttons from the smooch line, all I see is Easter Eggs!  Alexis and I sat down earlier this week to make some Easter cards, and I'm just getting around to sharing them now!  :)  Isn't that the way?

These cards will also hold her spring photos from school.  :)  Maybe we'll share those another day, my scanner is on the blink right now.. :)  I'm going to start with my favorite, the clean and simple one.

For all 4 cards I used the designer paper from the smooch line of products.  I stamped my bunny egg on the designer paper, and cut out the egg portion, then glued it on top of my stamped bunny image.  This technique is called paper piecing. 

Measurements:
Base: Rich Razzleberry Card Stock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half 4 1/4"
Layer 2: and insert: Whisper white 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Layer 3: Rich Razzleberry Card Stock 5" x 3 3/4"

For the cool bow, I just made loops back and forth and captured the center with my fabric brad.  Note** these brads will only be available during the month of April.  Once I grabbed the bow with my brad.  I took the tip of my snips and my mat pack and punched a hole through the cardstock layers 2 & 3 and opened up the brad behind the white layer before sticking my card together.  Clean, simple, and I love the big floppy bow.. it's Like Floppy Easter Bunny Ears.



This one is the first card Alexis and I made when we sat down.  The measurements are very similar to the other card. 

Measurements:
Base: Tempting Turquoise Card Stock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half 4 1/4"
Layer 2: and insert: Whisper white 5 1/8" x 3 7/8"
Layer 3: Rich Razzleberry Card Stock 5" x 3 3/4"
Layer 4: 3 3/4" x 2 1/2", then the decorative border punch
Layer 5: patterned cardstock from the smooch collection 3 3/4" x 2"
Layer 6: an oval cut from a sizzix die
Layer 7: a 1/2" strip of the same designer paper.

Too cute and a far cry from the CAS card I showed first. Isn't it funny how it looks so different but it's got a lot of the same elements?

Card 3:


So this card has many of the same measurements again.. I just laid it out differently.  I flipped the egg over to get rid of the 1/2" stripe of designer paper. I like the egg highlighting the egg.. LOL  Which came first?  Chuckling here by myself.. LOL

Card 4:

I started a new exercise regimen taking my daughter with me, and after 3 cards, Alexis needed a nap.  I tuckered her out.  This one I made on my own, and went back to my happy place, clean and simple.

I know that I don't often share my religious views here.  We are all different and I respect everyone's religion.  (just sayin').  I'm very thankful that Jesus died for our sins an opened the gates of heaven for all of us.  Through God all things are possible.  May you and your family have a blessed Easter, no matter what religion you follow.

Hugs,
Selene Kempton

11 comments:

RuthieB said...

Selene, these are the sweetest cards ever!!!! I love the colors and the paper piecing is precious!

Anonymous said...

All of the cards are wonderful, Selene! I need to get more generous with my ribbon, your bows are gorgeous!

Rose said...

OH my gosh, all three of your bunny cards are adorable, love that paper and ribbon and your paper pieced bunny is precious

soggystamper said...

I love #3 the best. You are right about the embossed egg highlighting the egg. :o)
Sue
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Adorable cards! Love the bows.

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Selene! These are wonderful! That dsp is great for Easter. Your paper piecing and big fluffy bows are fabulous. It's nice to read your comments about Easter and what it means to you. Hope you have a wonderul Easter celebration!!

Kathy said...

Your little bunny Easter cards are adorable -thanks for sharing

Terri Orr said...

I'm usually not a clean and simple kinda girl, but I LOVE #1! Too cute! They're all great, though...the paper-piecing the eggs and those wonderful bows with the brads are just perfect!

Christine Crutcher said...

Oh my goodness not your traditional Easter cards, but they are so much fun! That bow is very cool. Happy Easter Selene

ArtisticInkspirations said...

All the bunny cards with the "smoochies" are adoreable Selene!! Good job!!

Joseph said...

Bunny in card is looking pretty is there any trend of giving gift card in Easter? actually i don't know.
Gift Card printing
Scratch Cards
Printed Gift Cards