Monday, January 23, 2012

Mojo Monday ~ Doggie Bereavement card

Hey There Friends!

I have been trying to make a card all day! I started about 8 am this morning looking at the cutest block sketch over on Mojo Monday. I just love sketches. Well, then my hubby decided to work from home, so I took the truck for new tires. We were in desperate need of them, and now that there's "that terrible stuff" on the ground, we couldn't put it off any longer. :D
Then stuff happens, my little one got out of school, homework, and so on...

So here we go.. When I saw the sketch I was going to use a cool new set from sale a bration (which starts tomorrow morning). But I saw this little doggie set and went in a completely different direction. It's funny where the creative process will take you.

I started with some measurements that Julee gave for the sketch. each of those panels are 1 1/2" x 1 5/8" I cut a 1 inch strip for the center panel and ran a ribbon across the inside. I stuck the ribbon to the front of the card before adding my espresso layer cut to 5 x 3 3/4". Pretty cool card! I'll put this one over at the florist for sale I think. it really will make someone happy I think.

Oh~ One last detail.. I took a self adhesive rhinestone brad and colored it with a red sharpie, then placed that on the dog, for his collar. so cool.

That's it for today.
Rubbah hugs,
Selene~

1 comments:

Paper Potter said...

Great job on a tough subject, Selene! I can't believe how often I'm needing this very subject lately. Always so sad, and I have no idea what to do at the last minute ... this is perfect! BTW, my last card was sent along with a floral arrangement made in a stainless steel water bowl. The florist loved the idea and even delivered it for free! TFS, Celia