Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dream Big! Sale A Bration Showcase Project

Good Morning Stampers!

It's here! The start of Sale-A Bration was yesterday and I couldn't be more excited!

This week I'm going to share what I did at my last team meeting. Every month at my meeting, I like to show a family of products and showcase their possibilities. I do have a few long distance ladies in my down line and I'm working on ways to get them to be able to "attend" the meeting without actually being here. So, this week I purchased a high quality HD camera and I'm going to be working on doing video's for them to be able to be here, even if they cant sit across the table from me. Isn't that wonderful?

Stampin' Up! has really outdone themselves with this amazing reward of products for hostesses who have a $400 workshop. It includes the BRAND NEW products shown in this cute card set:

  • Fresh Vintage stamp set 125115W/125117C
  • Everyday Enchantment Designer Paper 126154
  • Every Day Enchantment Ribbon and Brad Pack 127279

So, hostesses get the opportunity to earn all three, plus! you get a free item from the Sale-A-Bration book (link is on the right hand sidebar at the top) for EVERY $50 in purchases you make! Isn't that amazing? So there's more.. You get all the usual hostess benefits, plus the new tote for SAB (this is for hostesses who achieve a $150 party). There is truly so many rewards for placing orders or hosting a workshop that I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to have a girls night out! :D So cool!

So ~ to get this party started, let's break down this card. :D

First, some measurements with a supply list.

Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4" ~ In Calypso Coral Card Stock
Layer 2: 4 x 5 1/4", embossed with the elegant lines embossing folder, Very Vanilla
Layer 3: a strip of calypso coral card stock 4 x 2" (that gorgeous scalloped edge was cut with our new edgelets)
Layer 4: Every Day Enchantment DSP 4 x 1 1/2"
Layer 5: Ribbon from the Ribbon and brad pack (you get 10 yards of each of the two colors)!
Layer 6: Calypso Coral 3 1/8" x 3 3/8"
Layer 7: Very Vanilla 3 x 3 1/4"

Supplies!
Stamps:
Fresh Vintage stamp set 125115W/125117C (Free With a $50) purchase
Loving Thoughts 125843W/125845C
Ink:
123002 2011-2013 In Color Collection Markers
(I used Coral, Pool Party and Lucky Limeade)
122939 Calypso Coral Ink Pad
Paper:
Calypso Coral Cardstock 122925
Very Vanilla Card Stock 101650
Everyday Enchantment Designer Paper 126154

Accessories:
Every Day Enchantment Ribbon and Brad Pack 127279
Stampin Sponges 101610
Adorning Accents Edgelet Dies 125595
Elegant Lines Embossing Folder 119277
Big Shot Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine 113439

Step By Step.
  1. On this card I started with stamping the cute border on the bottom of layer 2.
  2. I took this same layer and used the elegant lines embossing folder to put the background design on my card stock.
  3. Using the Calypso Coral Ink Pad and 1/8 of a stampin sponge, use a circle motion to pick up some ink from the ink pad. Use the same circle motion to sponge over the embossed card stock.
  4. Start inking up the main image for layer 7. Start with the pool party (the lightest color) then ink the coral, and finish up with lucky limeade. As a rule, you always want to go light to dark. If you put the darkest color on first you could pick up a red or green in your light blue marker.
  5. Once you've stamped your focal image, you can attach the coral matte and put 4 dimensionals on the back (one for each corner and set this piece aside.
  6. Next, you want to attach your designer paper, to the 4 x 2" strip, leaving a 1/4" border at the top showing. Using the big shot, cut the decorative border.
  7. While you are still working with this piece, put a small amount of snail adhesive (tape runner) on the back of the strip. I attached my ribbon to that and then first went straight across my card, then went to the top, then the bottom to make the cool pattern with this gorgeous ribbon! :D When I was done with the 3 layers, I just stuck the other end to the same strip of adhesive on the back. Easy Peasy.
  8. Once this was done, I used the tombo multipurpose adhesive to put these layers on my card. This will keep your ribbon from coming loose.
  9. I just put the card together like the picture from there and tied a bow on my friend Lee Conrey's fabulous bow maker. I used a glue dot to put the bow on.
  10. Simple and pretty!

Join me tomorrow and I'll show you another beautiful and simple card from the suite! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

If you are inspired by what you have seen here and would like to place your sale~a~bration order, here is a link for you or you can just send me an email @ e.selene@verizon.net . I'm here to serve.

Rubbah hugs,

Selene Kempton

0 comments: