Friday, December 23, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 235

Good Evening Friends!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, or whatever holiday you choose to celebrate. I've got plans to head to the bowling ally with my hubby and little one tonight.

This week's sketch is so fun! I decided to flip mine... This is showcasing the new "Sweet Cake" stamp set! Isn't it pretty?

I started with another pattern from the twitterpatted designer paper in the back. That square is cut to 3x3 and the square to matte it is 3 1/8" square. The happy birthday and main image was stamped in cherry cobbler. I cut the image out by hand. Then I cut two layers with the new framelet dies. I am just in love with these shapes! There is a piece of the new pleated ribbon going across the middle in blushing bride. Here's the rest of the measurements

Base: Blushing Bride: 11 x 4 1/4" scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: Cherry Cobbler 5 x 3 3/4"
Layer 3: shimmer white, 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"

I finished this one with a button laced with cherry cobbler bakers twine and stuck it on with a glue dot. I hope during this holiday, you are surrounded by those you love.

Big hugs,
Selene Kempton

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good enough to eat

Unknown said...

Too cute!! Love the colors too!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I just knew I didn't need this stamp.....wrong. You are such an enabler!!! Love it!