Friday, September 16, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 221

It's that wonderful time of the week again, that is, it's time for your stamping411 operators to bring you this weeks sketch! This week we have a BIG announcement about a brand NEW operator joining our team!!! Betcha want to know!!! Please click here and read all about it! I took this week's sketch and turned it on it's side, and I absolutely LOVE this week's card!

I'm not sure what it is... maybe it's the time of year, but I just digg it!!

When I saw this week's sketch, I knew right away that I wanted to use the new "Leaves of a Tree" stamp from the holiday mini. Because of that, I took some creative liberties with the sketch, but all the elements are still pretty much there... That's how a sketch is intended to be used. Just use the sketch as a jumping off point, and change it based on your need for the stamps you are using.

This tree stamp comes by itself.. Isn't it pretty? The sentiment comes from the occasions alphabet stamp set. There is a saying to go with every letter of the alphabet and I just LOVE that the set works so well with an oval punch the long way instead of the way that we usually see it. :D It's the little things that makes me happy. I love it when a design concept works, but it doesn't look like what everyone else is doing. I've always been like that. :D

Supplies
Stamps: Leaves of a Tree and Occasions Alphabet stamp sets
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, tangerine tango, and espresso markers. Cherry cobbler ink pad (with a sponge for adding color to the two white layers.
Paper: Crumb cake, cobbler, tangerine tango, and vanilla cardstock
Accessories: crumb cake taffeta ribbon, elegant bouquet embossing folder, sanding block, stampin sponges, and crystal effects on the spotlighted leaves (of course)

Measurements:
Base Layer: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded in half at 4 1/4"
Layer 2: cherry cobbler 5 1/8 x 3 5/8"
Layer 3: tangerine tango 5 x 3 3/4", embossed then sanded with a sanding block to make the floral pattern "pop"
Layer 4: crumb cake ribbon
Layer 5: Crumb Cake 3 1/4" square
Layer 6: Cherry Cobbler 3 1/8" square
Layer 7: Very Vanilla 3" square
Layer 8: Cherry Cobbler modern label punch
Layer 9: Very Vanilla large oval
Layer 10: the crumb cake bow was added to the card with glue dots.

Well that's it for tonight! I hope you have time to play along this week.
Rubbah hugs!
Selene Kempton

5 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Selene, I love how this card turned out! The colors are terrific and the rotating of the sketch was genius:-) Thanks again for sharing your talent and inspiring all of us!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is fabulously beautiful selene. Love it.

Patti Chesky said...

Ooooohhhhhhh pretty!!!!! I think your creative liberties look awesome!!!

Chas said...

I love this stamp! I did not know if I should buy it..hello I buy just about everything! Beautiful card. way to go Selene!

A Stamper's Journey said...

What a super cute card! I absolutely love it!

Thanks for sharing.

Maureen