Friday, August 19, 2011

Satuday Sketch Challenge 217

Hello Friends!

It's time for another sketch challenge from the operators over at Stamping411! This week we have a **contest** and the winner will receive a free level 3 hostess set from the last idea book and catalog. Make sure you play along and try to win!

There are also two sketches for this week.. So you can pick which one and play with either OR both! Isn't that fun?!?!

I had limited supplies to work with this week, as I'm on vacation up in the white mountains of New Hampshire. I actually decided to remake a card that I made for my upline's team meeting swap. :D I have to be honest when I say that I'm STILL not sure about this one... I really like the more mustard print designer series paper and the little dots in the pattern reminded me of pumpkins. That's why I decided to pair this cute new dsp "Spice Cake" up to the "Gift Givers" stamp set, which will also be coming out September 1st in the holiday mini.

Is there such a thing as an elegant Halloween card?!? Well, I guess there is now! I literally pulled a card apart and re~assembled this one.. LOL We do what we have to I suppose!

So, let's talk measurements
Base: 11 x 4 1/4", scored and folded in half at 5 1/2"
Layer 2: 5 x 3 3/4" espresso cardstock
Layer 3: 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" vanilla cardstock, embossed with the new houndsooth embossing folder.
Layer 4: 3 1/8" x 4 1/8" espresso cardstock (up on dimensionals)
Layer 5: Spice Cake DSP cut to 3x4" then cut again so that I could flip one side over.

I stamped my image in espresso ink, and water colored the image with more mustard and pumpkin pie markers and an aquapainter. I applied a thick coat of crystal effects and waited for it to dry. I added a piece of espresso ribbon in between the layers, so you can see it inside the card, I stuck down the pieces under that layer of dsp so it looked like a cool ripple in the ribbon. Super simple layout, and a really elegant halloween card.. Maybe it would be for a grown up? :D

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Rubbah hugs,
Selene Kempton

9 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

This is super cute!! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! It is all in the details and you nailed it! Gorgeous!

Chris R. from Iowa

Ellen said...

Way cute!!! Love fall :)

Kristi Jones said...

Hi Selene. Love your version of this weeks sketch. I've been so busy the last few weeks I haven't been able to play along, but I always check the site out. Thanks for sharing.

Patti Chesky said...

Oh man! I wasn't going to buy that stamp set!!! This is SO cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Your card is beautiful. I love it. You have such a great knack to make something simple really elegant and amazing. WELL DONE!

DianeG said...

This is the kind of Halloween I love! Beautiful colors and pumpkins!

jjcreations said...

What a great card - Love the DSP you've used and that ribbon is wonderful.

neptunem said...

A very pretty card! I love that new paper too... must add that to my wish list! And I think that the paper and the stamp go together quite well.